There were TONS of people who asked for some of my favorite resources on PPD/PPA, so I decided to make it a public post so that it could be shared and saved by anyone who needs it.
These are just a few resources and recovery tools. There are probably plenty of others out there, but these are the ones I personally found the most informative and helpful. Please message or email me if you have others that are great, I’d love to add to the list!
• The Postpartum Support International website has endless information and facts about these disorders. This is especially useful to share with family members or friends who don’t quite understand what you’re going through.
• This incredible book: Praying God’s Word by Beth Moore. I fully believe in the power of prayer, Truth, and the Word spoken aloud over your life and your struggles. This book was recommended to me by a long-time friend (Ann, thank you so much) and my copy is already on its way.
• Another powerful book: Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. I read this years ago and I have picked it back up to go through all over again because I think it needs to be refreshed in my heart and mind. This book is a MUST HAVE for anyone who struggles with unhealthy internal dialogues, a past filled with hurt, or anxious thoughts.
• The Postpartum Helpline: 1-800-944-4PPD. Y’all, call this number any time if you feel you are going to go insane. If you feel like you have nobody to talk to or understand. If you are scared. If you need immediate attention call your doctor as well.
• Online support groups. You can choose your time zone and join in. Excellent for us mamas who feel anxious leaving the house right now.
• Local Support coordinators who run events, meetings, classes, counseling sessions in your area. Pick your state and find one closest to you. I’m enrolled in a postpartum depression support group in my area that costs only $50 and is well worth it to connect with others who are in my stage of life and having similar issues.
Comfy and cozy hooded cardigan by Pink Blush. Shop their Maternity AND Womens’ trendy clothing here: Pink Blush.
You are not alone.
You are worthy, loved, and you will overcome.