I’m Ansley Allen: wife to Timmy, mother to two kiddos, and the girl behind Happily Rooted.
If you had asked me 10 years ago where I saw myself, I NEVER would have said “happily married with two kids and a coffee addiction.” Okay. Maybe I would’ve said coffee addiction, because let’s be real, my grandmother has been letting me drink cappuccino since I was 5. But that’s beside the point. I never imagined I’d be where I am today, nevertheless blogging about it!
There have been countless plot twists and a whole host of surprises along the way. Yet at every turn, God has proven Himself faithful and kind.
I started this blog so that I could share REAL, honest, raw motherhood experiences. I want to make this a place where we can laugh at ourselves, talk about the best products and styles, and share the realities of all we juggle day in and day out. But my biggest hope is to convey that life isn’t about everything being perfect or having it all together. And that it is OKAY.
Some fun facts about me:
- I grew up in Savannah, GA and lived there until I was 17 years old. I even went to the same private school my entire life up until then!
- I have two wonderful parents, who are divorced but are my best friends. I also have a younger brother who lives in Nashville.
- I grew up performing and being heavily involved in music and the arts. While I performed in countless plays and dramas, my main passion is leading worship and being part of worship culture.
- I am a perfectionist by nature and an advocate for mental illnesses like depression and anxiety. I struggled with an eating disorder through my entire life until those chains were finally broken. More of that story here.
- I moved to West Palm Beach, FL at 17. While there, I met a 3D animator and designer named Timmy. He became my best friend…and then my husband!
- I never finished college. One of my biggest regrets.
- Now, after having two children, I will be returning to school to finish my degree but this time in Nursing! I never would have considered this if it weren’t for my kids and their special stories.
- My daughter Quinn has a super power: she is G-tube fed!
- We got married when I was only 20 years old!
- SURPRISE! We got unexpectedly pregnant just 10 months after we were married.
- I gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl named Quinn on August 4, 2014. She experienced severe heart and lung trauma at her birth and it was a life changing experience for our family. Read her miracle story here.
- Timmy and I have lived in West Palm, Dallas, and Nashville. We always wanted to move around before settling down.
- We welcomed our second (and last!) child, a son, in August 2017! He also spent NICU time.
- We recently moved back home to Georgia to finally settle down as a family of four. It’s the best, and this coming year (2018) has even more in store for us.
It’s nice to meet you all, I hope you introduce yourself as well.